domenica

Dido,Queen of Carthage ,dramma in versi di Christopher Marlowe

" Act One.

Scene One.

Here the curtains draw;there is discovered JUPITERdandlingGANYMEDEupon his knee,and MERCURY lying asleep.

JUPITER: Come, gentle Ganymede,and play with me.
I love thee well,say Juno what she will.

GANYMEDE: I am much better for your worthless love,
That will not shield me from her shrewish blows!
Today,whenas I fill'd into your cups,
And held the cloth of pleasence whiles you drank,
She reach'd me such a rap for that I spill'd,
As made the blood run down about mine ears.

JUPITER: What,dares she strike the darling of my
thoughts?
By Saturn's soul ,and this earth-threatening hair,
That,shaken thrice,makes nature's buildings quake,
I vow ,if she but once frown thee more ,
To hang her,meteor like,'twixt heaven and earth,
And bind her,hand and foot,with golden cords,
As once I did for harming Hercules! [...]'

Christofer Marlowe,The complete plays,edited and introducted by J.B.Steane,Harmondsworth,Middlesex,England ,2^ed.1972

Più che solidarietà between lovers ,solidarietà di genere ...
Marianna Bonina





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.